Keyword Focused Anchor Text from External Links
Top 5 Negative Ranking Factors
Cloaking with Malicious/Manipulative Intent
Top 5 Most Contentious Factors
- Cloaking by Cookie Detection 16.3% strong contention
- Hiding Text with same/similar colored text/background 15.3% moderate contention
- Cloaking by IP Address 15.3% moderate contention
- Cloaking by User Agent 15.2% moderate contention
Note: Consensus and contention percentages are calculated based on the standard deviations of contributor answers.
Participants were asked to apply the ranking factors to Google’s search engine, and although we’ve found that it’s largely applicable to other major US engines (Bing, Yahoo! & Ask), some variance almost certainly exists.
- 24% Trust/Authority of the Host Domain
- 22% Link Popularity of the Specific Page
- 20% Anchor Text of External Links
- 15% On-Page Keyword Usage
- 7% Traffic and Click-Through Data
- 6% Social Graph Metrics
- 5% Registration and Hosting Data
Good and brief SEO summary from SEOmoz, with the few things not to ever ignore if you want to optimize your search engine results. It is also a good view on the core of Google’s search algorithm.
SEO experts are the new alchimists, always looking for the philosophical stone (Google’s algorithm) to turn their websites into gold.